Harry Potter Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter Roleplay

Create and roleplay your own character at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Sorting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Quin
Admin
Quin

The Sorting Empty
PostSubject: The Sorting   The Sorting EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 12:38 am

The nervous first-years were ushered into the hall by Hagrid, the half-giant but friendly groundskeeper. They were all sopping wet from the rain outside. Some of the youngsters looked up at the ceiling with dread - it was enchanted to look just like the sky outside - and breathed heavy sighs of relief when the rain falling from the roof dissolved into thin air before it hit their already-soaking frames.

Many looked around at their surroundings - four long tables lined with students sitting behind shining golden plates and cutlery. One table was full of chatter and laughs; another with almost all staring into oblivion; the third surrounded by sniggering children dressed in green and silver; and the fourth with more than half with their noses in books.

A witch with greying hair and dressed in red velvet robes appeared from the other side of a door carrying what looked like a pile of rags. She stepped up onto a small stage at the back of the room and placed the rags onto a small wooden stool, then, nodding, stepped off the stage.

"Let the Sorting begin," she beamed, nodding again and unrolling a long piece of parchment.

Immediately the pile of rags - which turned out to be a worn, stitched up, pointed hat - started speaking in a kind of joyous monotone a chant about all four Houses - Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. "...Said Slytherin, 'We'll teach just those whose ancestry is purest. Said Ravenclaw, 'We'll teach those whose intelligence is surest. Said Gryffindor, 'We'll teach all those with brave deeds to their name,' Said Hufflepuff, 'I'll teach the lot, and treat them just the same.'" and on the Sorting hat chanted about the Houses of Hogwarts, and when he finished, the witch stepped forward to the first-years.

She read loudly(from the parchment), so the audience could hear: "MILLER, Abigael." "She directed the small blonde girl up onto the stage and placed the hat onto her head.

A rip at the bat of the hat opened and yelled to the school, "Ravenclaw!"

The table on the far right erupted into cheers, and Abigael, smiling, ran off to the table and took a seat.

Many more names were called, and all the houses in turn cheered for their new members.

"WOODBURY, Melanie" was put into Ravenclaw.
"...Lastly, SPLINTLEY, Quin," The small brunette made her way up onto the stage and placed the hat on her head. She felt nervous, the whole school watching her, and it seemed a life time before the hat yelled cheerfully: "Ravenclaw!" and she ran off and sat beside Abigael, with whom she introduced herself.

The Headmistress, the grey-haired witch, had trodden up to a high table, the staff table, and stood, clearing her throat.

All eyes focused on her.

"Let the feast begin!" she shouted happily.

Last edited by Quin on Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://hproleplay.rpg-board.net
Abigael

Abigael

The Sorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sorting   The Sorting EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 2:09 am

*turns to the dark-haired girl, Quin* Hey!! I'm Abigael! Your Quin right. *looks over at the huge feast that has been prepared at the tables* Wow!
Back to top Go down
Quin
Admin
Quin

The Sorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sorting   The Sorting EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 1:42 am

*Follows her gaze.* "Yeah, I know! It's amazing! I've never met a house-elf before, but they sure do look to be great cooks! Blimey, I forgot! Are you um...muggle born? If you are, and I didn't ask, see, I would have talked on and on about quidditch and O.W.L.s and you wouldn't have known what the hell I was droning on about! Sorry, I talk alot, but if you're going to be my friend you're going to have to get used to it. How rude of me to say that! I'm sorry, I just, just...yeah. Maybe we should have some food, before it gets replaced by dessert. You did see that, didn't you? How the food just appeared? Well, when we've eaten it goes away again, and up comes dessert! well that's what my cousin said, he told me about it all, you see. Do you like chicken? I do, it tastes great, hey there's some-" *points to a whole tray in front of them filled with chicken drumsticks and wings. Grabs a chicken wing.* "-Anyway, as I was saying, my cousin's told me all about Hogwarts. He told me about Quidditch - the wizarding sport - it sounds really cool, you know. There's seven people on a team. The chasers, the seeker, the Beaters, and the Keeper, i think. I think I might try out for the team. I'd love to. D'you think you will?" *finally stops and asks FINALLY for an opinion.*
Back to top Go down
Melanie

Melanie

The Sorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sorting   The Sorting EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 5:39 am

*After her nerve racking sorting into Ravenclaw, Melanie gratefully slumped onto a bench and piled her plate high with food. Quin Splintley was on her left and to the right there was no-one for 8 seats. She turned her head to quin, and when she realised she was talking to someone else, she tucked happily into her food.*
Back to top Go down
Quin
Admin
Quin

The Sorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sorting   The Sorting EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 4:10 pm

*Turns arond and notices Melanie. Excuses herself from Abigael and introduces herself to Melanie:
"Hi!" she beamed, "I'm Quin. Quin Splintley. What's your name?"

Last edited by Quin on Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Melanie

Melanie

The Sorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sorting   The Sorting EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 4:23 pm

*finishes a mouthful and replies,* "Melanie Woodbury, thanks for talking to me, I was feeling odd..."
Back to top Go down
Quin
Admin
Quin

The Sorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sorting   The Sorting EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 4:35 pm

"That's alright...Oh, yes, are you going to try out for the Quidditch team?"

Last edited by Quin on Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Melanie

Melanie

The Sorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sorting   The Sorting EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 4:29 am

"Oh you bet! It's the main thing i've been looking forward too! I hope i get in..."
Back to top Go down
Quin
Admin
Quin

The Sorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sorting   The Sorting EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 5:34 pm

"Cool! I'm definitely trying out. I think i might try out for keeper or a chser, one of them. You?" *shoves a piece of toast into her mouth.*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Sorting Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sorting   The Sorting Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sorting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Harry Potter Roleplay :: Hogwarts School :: The Great Hall-
Jump to: